Vegan Chipotle Taco Salad
This taco salad is a remake of the Dole chipotle cheddar chopped salad topped with a delicious meatless taco meat.
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup chipotle ranch here's a vegan version
- 14 oz meatless crumbles Here's a link to the gardein ones I like (bags of these range from 12-16 oz, I just use the whole thing). Otherwise use your favorite ground beef or pork.
- 1 package taco seasoning I get these when I'm in a pinch.
- 20 tortilla chips crushed
Cook the meatless grounds according to package directions.
As the meatless crumbles are cooking, wash and cut the produce. Quarter the cabbage and thinly slice. Remove the leaves of romaine from the head and chop. Chop the cilantro and carrots (if using whole carrots).
Add the package of taco seasoning to the meatless crumbles and about ⅓ cup of water. Mix it in and continue to cook about 2-3 minutes. If it is too dry or begins to stick to the pan, add additional water 1 tbsp at a time.
Assemble the salads by mixing together the vegetables. Next toss in the cheddar and crushed tortilla chips. Pour on chipotle ranch, and top with ¼ of the taco meat.
Calories: 520kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 28gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 1675mgPotassium: 1063mgFiber: 17gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 17049IUVitamin C: 95mgCalcium: 285mgIron: 9mg