As this little baby grows more and more, the worse my heartburn has gotten. Every ounce of me wanted to get some pizza or a veggie burger and fresh fries from our favorite local burger joint. But there’s only so far the taste of junk gets you. I’m glad we decided to stay and eat from home.
Tilapia has become almost a weekly eat in our house being it seems like I’ve been craving fish or some sort of meat, and we’re trying to stick to our plant based diets as much as possible. At least this allows us to follow pescatarian diets and it seems to help us eat more vegetables as well.
I thought this was more of a treat for me, but my husband seemed to equally enjoy it, if not more. Served with a simple rice pilaf and roasted asparagus, this was a well rounded and filling meal!
I’ve found when we eat better, my heartburn isn’t nearly as bad. Since we had this yesterday, I still had to deal with some nausea this morning, but it didn’t last all day like it did Monday morning. Monday was very difficult, but we also had lots of company over the weekend and did not eat well. It’s amazing how much what you eat impacts how you feel. If you haven’t already experienced this and you typically eat a lot of junk food, try out a week of eating well and see how much different you feel.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 tilapia fillets
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix together bread crumbs, basil, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl
- Beat egg in separate container
- Dip fillets into egg and then coat with bread crumbs
- Repeat for all four fillets
- Place in oiled baking dish or in a dish with parchment paper
- Pour remaining breadcrumbs over the fillets
- Bake for 17 minutes (check the internal temperature of the fillets hits 145°F)
- Serve with choice of sides (asparagus, rice, broccoli, side salad, rice pilaf, roasted potatoes, etc), and enjoy
Let me know what you think of this recipe! We greatly enjoyed ourselves with this one and it was very filling.