Since getting an espresso machine, I’ve really upped my game of at home coffees. It’s saved us a ton of money because Starbucks daily adds up fast. After having our second, I felt like I wasn’t getting any sleep at night and coffee became essential. Experimenting with different flavors is one of the fun parts because if it’s not that good, I don’t feel like I wasted $5-6 plus using non-dairy milk doesn’t run us an extra dollar a day. This drink was definitely a treat, and is a great way to wake up if you need a little extra pick me up.
What I love about homemade coffees is you can get a couple of flavors of syrup, coffee beans, and your favorite non-dairy milk for about $50 (if you buy in bulk at Costco like I do) and it’ll last you a couple of months. That’s 10 drinks or less at a coffee shop. I’ll count that a win!
What you’ll need to make this 4-ingredient snickers latte?
- Coffee beans – make sure you grind to an espresso grind. If you don’t have a burr grinder like we don’t, you can usually get them ground at the coffee shop if you buy them there, or even Costco and grocery stores. Make sure you get the espresso grind. If you purchase a burr grinder, you can make your own flours in these too. In grad school I used them to make pea flour, lentil, and bean flours.
- Non-dairy milk of choice. We buy oat milk from Costco in bulk that lasts us about 1-2 weeks depending on how many smoothies we use it for as well as daily coffees for my husband and I.
- Chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. I use Torani dark chocolate sauce, and salted caramel syrup. You can use any chocolate syrup and caramel you have.
- Espresso – whether it be the instant stuff or homemade, you’ll want the coffee!
How to make this 4-ingredient snickers latte?
- Start with your espresso. If you have an espresso machine follow the directions. I make a double shot and pack it well with the tamp. If you are using an instant espresso, follow the directions.
- Next you’ll want to add the syrup, chocolate, and milk to a mug. Make sure your mug is large enough for the milk to double in size if you use a steamer/frother.
- Steam the milk or heat in the microwave until hot. Ensure the flavors are mixed in if you don’t steam.
- Add the espresso and enjoy!
Simple Better Than Starbucks Latte
Pumpkin Spice Latte with Black Tea
4-Ingredient Snickers Latte
- 1 Espresso Machine I use this one
- 2 shots espresso
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate sauce
- ½ tbsp salted caramel syrup
Make the espresso
- If you use an espresso machine, follow the directions. This usually means fill the espresso cup and press the coffee down hard and flat.
- Brew 3 oz of espresso. If using instant follow the directions of the instant powder.
Make the latte
- Add milk, chocolate sauce, and syrup to a mug.
- If you have an espresso machine, you can steam/froth the milk. If not heat in the microwave for 90-120 seconds.
- Add espresso to the mug and enjoy!
If you tried this, I’d love if you could leave me a review in the comments below! Thanks for reading. 🙂