We do a few meal prep recipes in our house that can be used in a number of ways. These quick plant-based veggie fajitas are one of them. I almost always have bell peppers and onions in the fridge, as well as spinach so making fajita veggies is always on my radar. They are very versatile which is great because it’s easy to get sick of eating the same meal on repeat.
We use these plant-based veggie fajitas in a number of different meals including burrito bowls, buddha bowls, tacos, and burritos. You could even chop them up some and use in quesadillas. My favorite way to use them is in burrito bowls because you can do SO much with a burrito bowl. Usually we use whatever beans we have on hand (black beans and pintos are my usual go-tos because the kids will also eat them. Brown rice is a great base, salsa, avocado, cilantro, salsa verde, green leafy veggies, or even tofu sofrita or tofu chicken are great additions to a burrito bowl. On occasion we get fancy and make a slaw to add, and maybe vegan cashew queso. The options are endless, making it a great meal.
What you’ll love about these plant-based veggie fajitas?
- They’re vegan! If you’re trying to avoid animal products, this is entirely made with plant foods. Skip the oil and saute in water to make them whole food plant-based.
- Loaded with vegetables. Seriously that is all that is to them. Onions, bell pepper, spinach, garlic, spices, and the optional add-ins of mushrooms or squash.
- Versatile. Use these in a number of different meals! Don’t get bored with dinner.
How to make these plant-based veggie fajitas?
- Wash and chop all your veggies.
- Heat your pan over medium-high heat. I use a stainless steel pan (my exact set is still available over 5 years later and they’re currently $50 off as of 01/23) so they can get a bit hotter and char the veggies a bit.
- Add oil then the chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook until the onion starts to turn translucent and bell pepper gets a bit charred (about 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until the raw garlic smell dissipates.
- Stir in the spices well. Then add the spinach. Cook until leaves start to wilt then quickly remove from heat before the spinach burns.
- Serve fresh!
Other recipes you may like
Chipotle Chickpea Tostadas
Copycat Vegan Q’doba Burrito Bowl
Quick Plant-Based Veggie Fajitas
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- oil for cooking
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Using a stainless-steel pan will allow for better charring but they'll still be good if you don't get the char.https://amzn.to/3Hf4sXC
- Add oil. Add chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion browns and bell peppers begin to char (about 7 minutes).
- Pour in garlic and cook until the raw smell dissipates. Then add the spices and mix well.
- Add chopped spinach to the pan and cook until the leaves just wilt. Then remove from heat.
- Serve fresh in burritos, tacos, burrito bowls, or buddha bowls.
I’d love to hear if you tried these and what you thought! Let me know in the comments below. Thanks again for reading.