If you’ve followed this blog at all in the past, you have probably seen that one of my favorite foods is peanut butter. My husband jokes that his wife is actually a jar of peanut butter, and when our daughter is running around with it, she’s actually carrying mom. Fitting that these 4 ingredient vegan peanut butter cookies would come up just as that happened at home. I sure hope I’m not the only one out there that loves peanut butter this much!
So our really awesome neighbors have been giving us a ton of baby stuff since their son has outgrown it all, so I wanted to make some good treats as a thank you. That means I’ve been on a cookie baking frenzy, which any excuse to bake is a good reason. I made some delicious chocolate chip cookies as well as these peanut butter cookies to treat them to! They’ve been so awesome, they’ve given us a tricycle, jogging stroller, some play kitchen stuff, and most recently a changing table from them! The least we could do is give them some treats.
What you’ll love about these 4 ingredient vegan peanut butter cookies?
- They are only 4 ingredients! Pantry friendly for that matter. Skip the store and make these with what you have at home!
- They are vegan. A good cookie doesn’t need butter and eggs. These are awesome without.
- Refined sugar-free! Using just maple syrup, there is no refined sugar in these.
- Dairy-free. Don’t worry if you are lactose intolerant, these are safe for you or your lactose intolerant friends.
- Packed with plant protein. Since most of this recipe uses peanut butter, there is a good amount of plant-based protein.
How do I make these vegan peanut butter cookies?
- Make oat flour if you don’t have it already. It can be done in a food processor or coffee grinder, by grinding until it forms a fine powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix until a dough ball forms. Start with 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour and slowly add the remaining so it doesn’t get too dry.
- Once it is well incorporated, on a lined cookie sheet, scoop 1 tbsp or using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough about 2″ apart until all dough is used. This should make about 15 cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (you’ll want to take them out when they’re just starting to turn golden brown). If they come out once they’re browned, they’ll be very dry.
- Allow them to cool to room temperature and enjoy! They’ll keep for about a week at room temperature.
Vegan 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup add one tablespoon for slightly sweeter
- 3/8 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla optional
- pinch sea salt optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (start with ½ cup of all-purpose flour) except sea salt. Mix together until dough ball forms. If it is really sticky, slowly add the remaining ¼ cup of flour. This can also be done in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Once it's well mixed and formed a uniform dough, using a cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon sized spoon, scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. You want to remove them just as they start to turn golden brown on the top, if you leave them too long, they will start to get dry.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
If you tried these cookies, I’d love to know what you thought. Did you use a blend of oat flour and wheat flour, or did you make up your own. Let me know how it worked in the comments below! Also be sure to give this recipe a star rating, the more we get the better feedback I can get to keep improving these recipes. Thanks for reading!