Anyone else ever get the urge to bake at the most inconvenient times? When you just can’t go to the grocery store but you really want some cookies? Well that happens to me, what seems like, all too often. So these vegan chocolate chip cookies work perfect because they’re packed with all my kitchen essentials which requires no trips to the store! Win-win. Plus they’re pretty irresistible.
If you ask my hubby, he’d tell you that I run off peanut butter and chocolate, which I won’t argue. Most days I eat my favorite peanut butter cup oatmeal for breakfast, which is a mix of healthy and sweet. I also tend to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough for one as a dessert on a more common occasion as well. But who can argue that the combination of flavors isn’t just amazing! If you can, you’re in the wrong place.
What you’ll love about these vegan chocolate chip cookies?
- They contain healthy ingredients. Clocking 4 grams of fiber per cookie, and only 5 grams of sugar, you can’t argue that for a dessert these are a great option!
- They are really good, like any other cookie. Though they may look like an oatmeal cookie, they really are delicious. I gave them to some friends and they were gone the next day.
- Gluten-free! Don’t worry about serving these to your friends with celiac or gluten intolerances because they are safe.
- Vegan cookies. You can share these with anyone. Just make sure your chocolate is vegan, and you use a raw vegan sugar or coconut sugar.
How to make these cookies?
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (oats, oat flour, ground chia, cinnamon, and salt) in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Melt the coconut oil and then mix in the peanut butter, maple syrup, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of the dough and place it on greased, parchment paper lined, or silicone baking mat lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. The leftovers can be stored for 5 days.
Vegan Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp oat flour (can be home ground oats)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (ground in a grinder)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together the oats, oat flour, chia, cinnamon, and salt.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix it well.
- Dump the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Stir it well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place on greased or lined baking sheets. Repeat until all dough is on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve warm. They will keep for 5 days.
Let me know what you thought of these cookies in the comments below!
Pingback: 10 Vegan Pantry Baking Ideas - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Help Kids Cope with Social Distancing - Nourished Tots
Pingback: The Best Delicious Vegan Cookies Recipes - Femina Unique