I didn’t really fall into the fad of oatmilk until recently when I tried an oatmilk latte at Starbucks. I became obsessed and tried all sorts of flavor combinations – from a ‘nutella’ latte, to plain chocolate (basically a mocha), vanilla, pistachio, and honey, they are all great! I think my favorite was a plain vanilla though because it’s simple flavor but still delicious! I have tried making lattes at home in the past, but never with tea. I was so impressed with the tea latte because the flavor was delicious and it didn’t keep me up at night like coffee does. This vegan iced vanilla oatmilk latte is a personal favorite!
A tea latte is basically the same as an espresso latte, except better because it doesn’t come with all the negatives of espresso! Espresso gives me a plain stomachache if I don’t drink it on a full stomach, plus we get so wired drinking it. Tea on the other hand is a lot more mild in terms of caffeine, and even is thought to have some health benefits. If you haven’t tried a tea latte, you really should! This latte can be made hot or iced, although I’m preferential to iced being it is HOT in Southern California even in February. If you plan to make it hot, just make sure that your oatmilk can be steamed or frothed, some brands aren’t made to be heated and it will get really thick (NOT great for drinking).
What you’ll love about this iced vanilla oatmilk latte?
- It’s a delicious latte made at home! Skip the line at the coffee shop and save yourself $6 bucks by making this at home.
- Tea lattes are all the fad. Southern Cali is an area for the hipsters and trendsetters. One thing I’ve seen at all the small coffee shops around here are tea lattes. That wasn’t something that was common back in North Dakota, so I’m sure it’s an up and coming trend!
- Less caffeine but all the flavor. Don’t sacrifice your delicious drink because you don’t want a latte with three espresso shots. Swap black tea for the espresso and you’ll be on your way.
How to make this vegan iced vanilla oatmilk latte?
Make the vanilla syrup
Refer to this recipe for the homemade vanilla syrup recipe.
Brew the Tea
In a mug add the vanilla syrup. Combine with oatmilk.
Pour the strained tea over the milk. Fill the glass to the top with ice.
Vanilla Oatmilk Iced Latte
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bag black tea or use 1-2 tsp loose leaf tea depending on how strong you want
- 1 cup oat milk
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla syrup A homemade recipe can be found here
- In a mug add the vanilla syrup. Combine with oatmilk.
- Pour the strained tea over the milk. Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Serve cold!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to know what you thought of it in the comments below! Please leave a star rating and let me know what you thought! This helps me improve my content for future recipes. Thanks for reading!