Since moving to California, I sadly cannot consume coffee anymore. I have had it as a treat, but it’s no longer a routine morning ritual for me. One thing I miss dearly is my pumpkin coffee. Fall is just better with pumpkin spice, and I’m so excited to have found a delicious alternative like this. It tastes just like a pumpkin spice latte, but is made with tea and vegan ingredients. Just try it yourself and you’ll see. I have added this back into my daily routine.
Starbucks may be the king of Pumpkin spice, but you can make a healthier and lower sugar version at home that tastes so delicious and will make you feel warm on the coolest of days. What I also love about this is that you can get the light foamy texture that they get through frothing with an immersion blender or regular blender. I use a blend of coconut milk and almond milk in this to get the creaminess but not make it too heavy. You can use any milk you like for this recipe, but I’ve found this combo is just perfectly creamy.
What you’ll love about this vegan pumpkin spice latte with black tea?
- It’s a pumpkin spice latte without the espresso. Skip the high dose of caffeine and enjoy this tea version of your favorite drink.
- No refined sugar. Sweetened with maple syrup, there is no refined sugar in this drink.
- Vegan! You can make this vegan with maple syrup and any non-dairy milk.
- Creamy and warming. The perfect texture for a cool fall morning, with all the delicious flavors of pumpkin spice.
How to make this vegan pumpkin spice latte with black tea?
- Heat 1/2 cup of water in the microwave till hot. Add 2 black tea bags to that and allow it to steep for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice over medium until it starts to steam. Heat this to your liking – I can’t handle high heat so I don’t let it boil.
- If you like it a bit foamy, blend it or use an immersion blender and allow it to get thick and bubbly. Pour it over the top of the black tea.
Vegan Black Tea Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ cup water
- 2 bags black tea
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin puree
- ¾ tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a mug, heat water in microwave for 90 seconds. Add the tea bags and allow it to steep for 4-5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice until steamy.
- Remove the tea bags and pour the pumpkin spice milk over the tea.
Did you try this vegan pumpkin spice tea latte? I’d love to know what you thought of it in the comments below or through a star rating! This helps me improve recipes for future, and I love to hear any comments or feedback. Thanks for reading.