I have been trying to follow a healthier diet but I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. Anyone else in the same boat? Well the nice thing about this snack is that it’s a single serving of cookie dough that is safe to eat without baking, and it’s yummy! I made this edible single serving cookie dough with less sugar than normal cookies, so it’s slightly less sweet, but a satisfying snack.
With a new year and trying to stick to a healthier diet, this is a compromise on eating cookies and sticking to a strict diet. There is definitely sugar and some not so great elements to this snack, but it’s a healthier version than a traditional chocolate chip cookie. My husband has actually asked me to make him some of this a few times now because we are always craving sweets. Rather than make a whole batch of cookies for the two of us, this is a great compromise.
What you’ll love about this edible single serving cookie dough?
- It’s a single serving. You can indulge once and be done.
- Vegan friendly. As long as your sweetener and chocolate chips are vegan, you’re set!
- Healthier than regular cookie dough. Less sugar, more fiber. If you’re going to indulge, make it a healthier option.
- Edible cookie dough. What’s better than that? I prefer dough to actual cookies, who’s with me?
How to make this edible cookie dough?
- Mix together the salt, sugar, wheat flour, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. If it isn’t coming together well, add extra flour until you get it into a dough texture. It should be tacky but not sticky and it should form a nice ball.
- We love the natural peanut butter from Costco. It mixes together well and when it’s cooled it is nice and thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy your delicious snack.
Another chocolate chip peanut butter recipe that you may enjoy are these peanut butter chocolate chip sweet potato muffins.
Single Serving Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour (plus extra for getting texture)
- dash vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp sugar or sweetener
- ½ tbsp chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- Mix together all ingredients other than chocolate chips in a bowl.
- You may need a dash more wheat flour to get a dough texture that is holding together and not sticky (it will depend on the type of milk, flour, consistency of peanut butter, and sweetener).
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips in and serve!
Let me know if you tried this edible single serving cookie dough recipe! I’d love to hear what you thought.