One thing that I love is oatmeal. Oatmeal is such a great meal, filling, healthy, and as we are still breastfeeding, it’s a great food to boost milk supply. My FAVORITE go to oatmeal is peanut butter cup oats because if you’ve followed me at all, you probably realize that chocolate and peanut butter together is one of my absolute favorite things. That said, I try to mix it up once in awhile so I don’t get bored, and this vegan PB&J oatmeal is a great one to toss in the mix.
Although overnight oats are great, I really struggle to remember to make them ahead of time. This leaves me in a pinch usually in the morning. So I have started doing microwave oatmeal because it is overall quite quick to make and still gets the same great taste. This peanut butter and jelly recipe blends together the childhood memories with a healthy breakfast or snack on the go.
What you’ll love about this vegan PB&J oatmeal?
- It’ll bring back childhood memories. It’s a childhood classic, peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This take is a healthier option but doesn’t sacrifice on the flavors.
- Vegan! Many jams and jellies are not vegan, so this dish, using my homemade strawberry chia jam, is a vegan option.
- Easy to make. Microwave oatmeal is an easy quick meal. Toss some jam and nut butter in and you have a great breakfast.
How to make these peanut butter and jam oats?
- Mix together in a large microwave safe bowl the oats, milk, salt, and vanilla.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Stop and stir vigorously. About 30 seconds stir and rest.
- Continue heating in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it if your bowl is not very large since it can boil over.
- At 2 minutes, check the texture is how you like it. If it’s too runny, continue microwaving on 30 second intervals until it hits your desired texture.
- Mix in the seeds (flax, chia, or hemp – optional).
- Stir in the nut butter and dollop with jam or jelly. Enjoy!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jam Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats use steel cut for gluten-free
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp seeds (hemp, chia, flax) optional
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp jam or jelly
- maple syrup (to taste)
- To make the oats, in a large microwave safe bowl, mix together the oats, vanilla, salt, and milk.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Stopping to stir well.
- Give it about 30 seconds before starting the microwave again. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on it to prevent it from boiling over.
- If it's not completely cooked (super runny) or more runny than you like, continue to microwave for 30 second intervals until it is at desired consistency.
- Remove from microwave and stir in the optional seeds and nut butter.
- Dollop the jam or jelly on top.
- If it's not sweet enough, drizzle maple syrup over it to taste.
Gingerbread Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
Blueberry Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal
I hope you have enjoyed this PB&J oatmeal. It’s a great quick meal for on the go. Let me know what you thought of this in the comments below!
This is so filling!
Thanks for sharing.