On the vegan nice-cream craze. My appetite has been through the roof all week and I can’t get enough fruit. We made our weekend trip to Costco and may have come out with a little bit of excess: bananas, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, and apples. I don’t think we’ll have a problem eating all of this, but I’ve basically only been eating bananas now in nice cream form. This dark chocolate peanut butter nice cream is a great healthy dessert option.
Nice cream is so versatile it’s easy to come up with new flavors. This one I threw in some powdered peanut butter and chocolate syrup for flavor and milk for consistency. Nice cream is vegan friendly, meaning you can make it with dairy milk and milk chocolate syrup or you can use almond milk and vegan chocolate syrup.
How to make dark chocolate peanut butter nice cream
If you haven’t made it before, it’s quite simple. You’ll need a high speed blender or food processor to grind up the frozen bananas. Milk isn’t totally necessary but it helps with the consistency and if your blender isn’t a fancy one, it’ll help it blend in general. The things you add to nice cream are also versatile, pick whatever you have in the pantry!
You need to make sure you have bananas frozen prior to making nice cream, which is the most important part. If they’re not frozen, you’re basically making a smoothie bowl. While smoothie bowls are good, it’s not the same as nice cream, and nice cream is much better for a hot summer day.
You can just add everything to the blender or food processor. If you add something like nuts and don’t want them chopped super fine, add them after the banana has started to grind down. Serve it immediately or place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to get a nice soft yet firm texture. If you leave it too long it gets really hard and it’ll need to thaw a bit prior to eating it.
Why you’ll love Nice Cream
- Vegan friendly dessert. Who doesn’t love a dessert that could be mistaken for healthy ice cream. Nobody has to know it’s vegan, unless you want them to know.
- Don’t ever waste a banana again. Rather than throw away your overly ripened bananas, cut them up and throw in the freezer for hot days.
- Versatile flavors allow for whatever you have to be flavors. Nuts, frozen berries, coconut, chocolate chips? Throw it all in!
- Less sugar and fat than traditional ice cream. We’re all trying to make more health conscious decisions. Here is a great reason to ty nice cream.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- 2 bananas, frozen and sliced
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp peanut butter powder or regular peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Freeze sliced bananas for at least 4 hours prior to use.
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Grind until smooth. If you prefer a thinner texture, add more milk.
- Scoop into serving dishes and top with chocolate chips.
- Serve or place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up prior to serving.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did. Definitely will be making it again. Let me know what you thought! If you want to try another flavor, check out this chunky monkey nice cream recipe.