Since becoming a mom, coffee has become a ritual part of my morning routine. I used to abuse my wallet and go to Caribou Coffee or Starbucks every morning, but since quitting my job to stay at home with the little one, expenses like that were the first to go. Luckily making drinks like these at home is not difficult. That’s why I’m sharing this copycat Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew coffee recipe with you.
This recipe is REALLY simple. Apart from making the cold brew, it’s nothing hard. Just mix a few ingredients together in a glass and voila! I usually like to drink this Caribou Coffee copycat iced crafted press recipe but once in awhile I like to change it up. When I go to Starbucks, I usually get the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew, which is really good, and incredibly easy to make. I probably make mine a bit creamier than Starbucks, so feel free to back off if you don’t like your coffee as creamy or sweet. I don’t mind a bit of an extra kick in the mornings.
What you’ll love about this copycat recipe?
- It’s super easy to make. Seriously, no kitchen tools required other than a couple measuring utensils.
- It’ll save you a ton of money. I used to seriously get coffee out EVERY day. Learning how to make my favorites at home has saved my husband and I hundreds if not thousands.
- You can customize it to your sweetness or creaminess desires. Don’t leave it to a barista you don’t know to make your coffee the way you like it. Making it at home gives you all the control.
How to make this copycat Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew?
Making the cold press coffee
- In a cold brew maker mix together 4 ounces of coffee grounds and 4 cups of water. If you have a different cold brew maker or use a homemade option, follow the instructions of your equipment.
- Allow this to sit for 16-20 hours.
- Filter the coffee and it’s ready to use.
Making the vanilla sweet cream
- In a sealable container mix together the half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix vigorously with a spoon or seal the lid shut and give it a good shake.
Making the vanilla sweet cream cold brew
- In a glass, mix together the coffee, water, and cream. You may want to start with less cream and add till it suits your taste. This recipe makes 3 servings of cream, however if you prefer it less sweet or creamy, it will easily make enough for 6 or more depending on how much you add. Two tablespoon servings would make 6 servings.
- Store the remaining cream in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below! Happy drinking.
Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Cold Brew Coffee
- 4 oz coffee beans
- 4 cup water
Vanilla Sweet Cream
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp vanilla sweet cream
Making the Cold Brew
- If you haven’t already, you’ll need to make the cold brew. I let mine soak for 16-20 hours. I use 4 oz (1/2 cup) of coffee beans and grind them fresh for the best flavor. Mix this with ~4 cups of water.
- Strain the grounds out of the liquid after the soak is done.
Making the Vanilla Sweet Cream
- In a sealable container, mix together the half and half, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Mix vigorously with a spoon, or if you can screw the lid tight, give it a good shake.
Copycat Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- In a glass start pour the cold brew coffee, water, and cream. Mix together. If you like less creamy, sweet coffee, use 2 tablespoons of the creamer to start. Add more to taste. Top with ice and enjoy. (I find that 4 tablespoons is enough to get the Starbucks flavor), but go off your own taste.
- The remaining sweet cream can be stored in the fridge for 5 days.
Pingback: Copycat Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato - Cass Clay Cooking
How do I find the sweet cream mentioned in this recipe? Or is there a separate recipe for it? Thank you 😊!
Sorry for the delay, all the comments on this post were marked as spam :(.
The sweet cream is identified as the vanilla sweet cream portion of the recipe card. Ingredients listed below. You can omit the vanilla if you want just plain sweet cream.
3/4 cup half and half
2 tsp vanilla extract
Hope this helps!! Thanks for reading. 🙂
3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
This looks so good! What a great treat to have ready in the fridge when you get home and need a boost!
Sorry for the delayed reply, but thank you so much for the read and giving it a try. 🙂 Hope it didn’t disappoint!
Thanks for sharing! Does the sweet cream by itself keep long?
Sorry, I’m not sure why but your comment got sent to a spam folder. Anyway, I keep my sweet cream in the fridge for a week and it is fine. Just make sure your best by date is within the time you keep it for! I would also say give it a smell and if you get any off odors (it’ll be less strong since you add vanilla) then toss it.
Thanks for reading. 🙂
I should be able to make the cold brew in any container such as a french press or mason jar , right
Yes! I haven’t made it in them being we’ve always had this cold brew maker, but I’ve seen tutorials using a cheesecloth or something similar to hold the coffee grounds in placed in a mason jar. I’ve also seen it where you add it all together and filter it after, but I’d imagine that would be a bit more lucrative.
Could I substitute the maple syrup with honey? Would it work and taste good?
Hi Bella, sorry for the delay. I personally have not tried it with honey. I would think it should taste similar, but being it is much thicker than real maple syrup you may need to blend it into the cream to get it mixed in well and you’ll likely need to do it if you plan to store the cream in the fridge. I’d love to know what you thought if you try it with honey!
Thanks for reading!
Pingback: 31 Coffee Recipes You Can Make At Home | Ideas for the Home
What type of cold brew or coffee grounds do you use?
I’m sorry for the delay! Normally I make my own cold brew at home. I’ve linked in the post above the type of cold brew makers I’ve used. I just get a Kirkland brand ground at Costco that is made in Starbucks facilities, grind them in a small coffee grinder, and then use the instructions of the cold brew maker.
I’ve also used the cold brew made by Starbucks that you can buy bottled, which works well in a pinch! If you don’t have a cold brew maker and don’t want to use bottled concentrate, you can make a cold brew maker with mason jars. Haven’t done it personally but saw a pin for it on Pinterest! 🙂
Pingback: 5-Ingredient Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew - Cass Clay Cooking
What a wonderful post! This is so chock full of useful information.
Precisely what I was looking for, thank you for putting up.
Thanks for the terrific recipe!
Hi! Would vegan half and half be a suitable replacement? or are there any other ways to veganize this recipe?
I would think it should be a great replacement. Once I cut dairy out, I actually used to make this with homemade cashew cream (soak cashews and then blend with water), and it tasted pretty cood. There is definitely a difference in flavor, but I never tried vegan half and half! I’d think it should be fine, as the drink tastes fine with regular half and half. Another option is oat creamer (there’s one out there made specific to be used in coffee).
Hope this helps!
Pingback: mơ cháy
Pingback: mơ thấy ăn ổi
Pingback: mơ thấy ổ khóa
Pingback: chim bo cau so may
Pingback: mơ bị mất đồ
Pingback: số đề con sâu
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy cãi nhau với người cùng phái
Pingback: 3d love dolls
Pingback: management consulting
Pingback: mơ thấy con đỉa
Pingback: mơ thấy voi danh con gi
Pingback: mơ thấy sếp cũ
Pingback: con ngựa số mấy
Pingback: mơ bắt cá trê
Pingback: những cách tỏ tình
Pingback: làm gì khi người yêu cũ muốn quay lại
Pingback: mơ thấy nhà vệ sinh bẩn
Pingback: cách để chàng yêu bạn nhiều hơn
Pingback: mơ thấy thầy bói
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy hoa sen
Pingback: Buy Sig Sauer Firearms
Pingback: kimber firearms for sale
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy em bé gái
Pingback: mơ thấy chiến tranh
Pingback: người yêu không tôn trọng mình
Pingback: bí kíp giữ chồng
Pingback: mơ thấy bướm phụ nữ đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ thấy bố mẹ
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy tắm sông
Pingback: mơ thấy gái đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ thấy ong đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ bắt được ếch đánh con gì
amazing recipe, i like it.
This Starbucks cold brew coffee drink looks pretty simple and easy to make, which is exactly what I need for my coffee obsession. Deserve a 5 stars! Love it. Thanks.