The craze that’s hit the internet is the famous whipped coffee, known as Dalgona coffee. This isn’t a new coffee to the world, but to most of us it is. Now the first time I saw the recipe for this, it included 2 tablespoons of sugar AND 2 tablespoons of instant coffee. That’s the equivalent of about 6 cups of coffee, in ONE drink! As a breastfeeding momma, even if I wanted to drink that much caffeine, that is not a safe amount for my little baby. So I played around and found that a reduced amount of coffee still made for a great drink, and reduced sugar too. That is why I’m sharing my healthier Dalgona whipped coffee recipe.
What you’ll love about this vegan friendly, healthier Dalgona whipped coffee?
- It’s vegan friendly. Using a vegan sugar or coconut sugar, you can make this drink friendly to the vegan diet. Score!
- It’s easier than it looks. All you need to do is whip together some instant coffee, hot water, and sugar with a whisk (or immersion blender with a whisk attachment, or a stand mixer and whisk attachment).
- Coffee shop quality in the comfort of home. Seriously, you’re your own new favorite barista.
How to make this whipped Dalgona coffee?
- Heat your water. I generally heat some in the microwave, but you can use a tea kettle or oven boiling as well.
- Combine the instant coffee, sugar, and water in equal portions or slightly less sugar than coffee to a container.
- Whisk for about 1 minute, the mixture will get light and airy. It goes really quick with an immersion blender, but if you are doing it by hand, expect it to take some time. You an also combine in the bowl of a stand mixer, but it may require you to make a double batch since it’s such a small amount.
- Once you have whipped the coffee, add milk and ice to a glass.
- Scoop the coffee over the milk, stir together, and enjoy!
Vegan Friendly Healthier Whipped Dalgona Coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- Heat water till about boiling temperature. It will whip better the hotter it is.
- With a whisk attachment on an immersion blender, stand mixer, or just a hand whisk, beat together the instant coffee, sugar, and water until it is light and fluffy. With an electric mixer this will take about 1 minute. With a hand mixer, expect about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and ice to a glass. Scoop the whipped coffee over the top.
- Stir together and enjoy!
Did you try out whipped coffee? What did you think of this healthier whipped Dalgona coffee? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Pingback: Vegan Greek Frappe (Alternative to Whipped Coffee) - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Vegan Dishes You’re Going to Want This Mother’s Day – Crunchy Health Blog