The craze that hit the world by storm, Dalgona whipped coffee, has been a HUGE hit amongst coffee drinkers and non-coffee drinkers. But some people have tried the whipped coffee, and not been a fan. What stinks about going out and getting instant coffee for this is if you don’t like it you’re stuck with the rest. This vegan Greek Frappe is a great use for the rest of that instant coffee. It’s similar to the whipped coffee, but not as thick and the coffee flavor is diluted significantly.
I actually prefer the whipped coffee to the Greek frappe. That said, in a few Facebook groups that revolve around coffee, that I am a part of, there are plenty of people that tried whipped coffee and didn’t like it. So this is for you!
What you’ll love about this vegan Greek Frappe?
- It’s vegan. Use a vegan sugar and plant-based milk for a vegan treat!
- You don’t need any special tools to make. Unlike the whipped coffee, you don’t even need a whisk. Just a sealable water bottle or mason jar.
- It is delicious. You get a similar flavor to the whipped coffee, but less strong.
How to make this vegan Greek Frappe?
- In a mason jar or bottle with a sealable lid, mix together 1/2 cup of hot water, 1 tbsp sugar or coconut sugar, and 1 tbsp of instant coffee.
- Seal the lid and shake vigorously until thick foam forms.
- Open the container. add about half a cup of ice, and then fill to the top with plant-based milk. Mix it together and enjoy!
Vegan Greek Frappe
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp sugar or coconut sugar (can use 2 for sweeter)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee or more for stronger coffee
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ice
- In a sealable container, mix together the water, instant coffee, and sugar. Seal the lid and shake vigorously until a thick foam forms.
- Add ice to the container and then top with milk.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to know what you thought! Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading.