The summer is here, meaning salads, fresh fruit, and quick meals for busy nights. I’ve been really into lazy meals lately because we’ve been spending so much time outside that my cooking time has been cut quite a bit. One that has been a go-to for us have been bagged salads. I love that you can get all the veggies prepared so you just dump it into a bowl and top with whatever else you want, but I usually don’t care for premade salad dressings. This vegan tangy garlic tahini dressing is a new favorite for salads because it SO easy to make, requires no special utensils, and is versatile.
This sauce is great on salads, but I’ve also used it in bowls with falafel. I’ve even made salads and topped it with this and falafel – game changer!
What you’ll love about this vegan tangy garlic tahini dressing?
- It’s vegan! You get a creamy salad dressing without any added dairy or fake creams. Surprise!
- Easy to make. This is one of the easiest recipes on my site. Seriously combine everything in a bowl and stir it together. It’s that easy.
- Versatile. This stuff can be used as a dipping sauce, salad dressing, topping for a falafel bowl, the options are endless.
- Pantry friendly. You don’t need any fresh ingredients to make this, so check your pantry. You might already have it all ready to go.
How to make this vegan tangy garlic tahini dressing?
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. I like to use a bowl like this that has a lid that can be used to store leftovers.
- Stir it together well, and add additional water if you want the sauce thinner. It will also thicken significantly in the fridge.
- Enjoy it on a salad or whatever other food you use it with!
Tangy Garlic Tahini Dressing
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch black pepper
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Use to top salads, falafel, or other dishes. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week in an air tight container.
I’d love to know if you tried this and what you thought? How did you use it? My favorite way is on a refreshing salad, but the options are endless. Thanks for reading! Please leave a review or rate the recipe if you can take the time. It helps me improve for future recipes.