I’m a little late to the game with this one, but this fresh salsa recipe is something I’ve been working on for awhile. We like to purchase the boxes of tomatoes at Costco since almost every Indian dish uses at least one or two, but we always find that there are a few left that we don’t get to before the seeds start to sprout inside, or they start to rot.
That’s why I started to make fresh salsa out of some almost every time we get these boxed tomatoes. It’s so much cheaper to get the boxes than it is to buy them by the pound, and it gives us a healthier snack at home. We are big fans of making tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or even nachos with this vegan quinoa black bean taco filling and using homemade fresh salsa makes it even better.
Why you’ll love this fresh salsa recipe?
- It’s simple to make. There’s no roasting of tomatoes, cooking of the onion or anything required. Dump and grind is all you need.
- The recipe is vegan. You can share this one with all your friends.
- Use up your produce that is about to go bad. Don’t waste any tomatoes, throw together this salsa. In our house, cilantro, jalapeno, and tomatoes are always the produce we tend to have sitting. Now this is a great way to use it up.
- It’s really tasty. You’ll become besties with chips and salsa as a snack with this salsa recipe.
How to make this fresh salsa?
- Wash up all your produce. Don’t skip this step.
- Cup the tomatoes and onion into quarters. Chop the jalapeno into a few pieces. Slice the cilantro stems off.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until you get the desired texture. I like a smaller chunky consistency, but chunky is delicious too.
- Serve fresh, or store in the fridge for one week.
Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 jalapeno (or two if you prefer more heat)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp coriander cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash all produce. Quarter the tomatoes and onion. Roughly chop the jalapeno into a few pieces. Cut stems off the cilantro.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse until roughly chopped pieces remain. You can continue to pulse more or less till the texture is to your liking.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below. I hope you enjoyed!
Awesome blog article.Much thanks again. Keep writing.
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
Pingback: Best 5 Ingredient Guacamole - Cass Clay Cooking
It is very nice to read your site, thank you very much for your work, it’s great!
I just want to tell you that I am all new to blogging and site-building and seriously loved your web site. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You surely come with remarkable writings. Thanks a bunch for revealing your web site.
Компания ООО ИКЦ «ПРОГРЕС» ИНН 5903997924 построена за счет обмана людей, не качественной работе и вообще подходят ко всему формально. Собственник гражданин РФ Беринцев Михаил Викторович. Увидите объявление где адрес 614068, Пермский край, город Пермь, улица Ленина, дом 89 и/или номер телефона +7 (342) 202-59-49 бегите.
Руководитель Органа по Сертификации: Шостак Максим Сергеевич г. Пермь, ул.Пушкина, дом №1/1.
ТСЖ и управляющие компании, не дайте себя обмануть!
We really enjoyed this salsa. Went great with our burrito bowls and nacho night.
Really enjoyed this easy recipe. In the past I’ve had to roast the tomatoes and other complex steps, but this is very straightforward.
Such an easy recipe!
Easy and delicious! Thanks!
Заказать seo поисковую оптимизацию сайта, Заказать услуги по продвижению сайта По всем возникшим вопросам Вы можете обратиться в скайп логин pokras7777Раскрутка сайта под ключ
.Так же собираем базы Обратесь всегда будем рабы вам помочь
Great recipe for the superbowl. Easy to make and was gobbled up!