We love pumpkin and that’s an understatement. While most are despising fall flavors coming out so soon, I’m celebrating it! There’s just something about the aroma of pumpkin spice in the house, and this one bowl one-hour vegan pumpkin bread is not only delicious but the aroma it leaves behind is amazing!
I also love this pumpkin bread because it’s just sweet enough without too much sugar. The whole loaf is only sweetened by just 6 tablespoons of maple syrup. No artificial sweeteners, no sugar alcohols, just that! And I love moist and dense loafs. This was perfect, it reminded me of a pumpkin with a bit of brownie texture (if you don’t know me, you should know, I LOVE batter/dough and I don’t know how people prefer the outside of the brownies to the inside. :P). This vegan pumpkin bread is not that bad, but it sure has great texture, and I also discovered after recipe testing that my raising agents are all expired, so they are less airy than they would be with fresh. Live and learn, right!
What you’ll love about this one hour one bowl vegan pumpkin bread?
- It’s healthy! How often can you say a dessert bread is healthy? Well this one is a good source of fiber, and is light on sweetener. You can even serve this to kids without guilt.
- It’s easy to make. Just dirty up one bowl and a few measuring utensils. Not 5 mixing bowls and the mixer and everything else under the sun.
- It only takes an hour from start to finish. And most of that time is spent in the oven so you can multi-task. I’m all for stuff that you start and can walk away from for a few minutes. This is one of those desserts.
How to make this one-bowl one-hour vegan pumpkin bread?
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Mix all the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If the coconut oil is not melted, make sure to melt it, and you also want your ingredients at room temperature.
- Once they’re well incorporated, mix in the baking soda. Then stir in the salt and spices.
- After it’s all incorporated, finally fold in the flour. Be careful not to overmix or it can get tough.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and then place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove and check that it is done. A toothpick should come out clean if you stick it in the center.
- Cool to room temperature, slice, and enjoy! Cover and store leftovers at room temperature for 2 days or up to 5 in the fridge.
One Bowl One Hour Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cup unbleached flour
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup can sub up to 3 tbsp granulated sugar in place of maple. Also can sub other liquid sweetener.
- ¼ cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice sub for nutmeg if you don't have it
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix together warm water and flaxseed in a cup. Let it sit until all other wet ingredients are mixed together well.
- Melt the coconut oil. Mix together all liquid ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add the flax mixture.
- Once all are well incorporated, stir in the baking soda and baking powder. Then the salt and spices.
- Finally, with a spatula, fold in the flour. DO NOT OVERMIX or it'll make the bread tough.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and stick it with a toothpick. It is done if the toothpick comes out clean. Otherwise place back in heat and bake until it comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature, slice, and enjoy!
- Store remaining bread in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat the bread in the microwave prior to eating for best results. Also drizzle maple syrup, spread vegan butter, or sprinkle with crushed pecans or pepitas for added flavor!
Did you try this pumpkin bread? Let me know what you thought in the comments below! I love getting feedback. If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating above so I can continue to review and make improvements to recipes. Thanks for reading. 🙂