One of my summer go-to recipes is falafel. It is so delicious and you can do a lot of different things with it. This post includes a well-rounded bowl including rice, veggies, falafel, and a tangy tahini dressing. A dish like this is so great because it helps you hit your goal for proteins, vegetables, and also has healthy antioxidants from onion, garlic, and turmeric.
Assembly of these bowls is quite simple once you have made everything. These items are all great for meal prep because the recipes produce enough for several servings, and it all reheats quite well. Microwaved falafel do get a bit soft, but when you break them up and mix it into the bowl it all tastes great. This is going to be on my list for packable lunches when life returns to normal and I can pack my husband’s lunches again!
What you’ll love about this vegan baked falafel bowl?
- It’s a hearty vegan meal. Just because it’s not meat doesn’t mean it can’t fill you up. Trust me, you’ll be satisfied after a bowl of this.
- Balanced meal. Not only does it include protein, but fresh vegetables, carbs, and fat. Balanced meals are hard to find now days, but this one is simple and easy.
- Meal prep friendly. Make the rice, falafel, and tahini dressing ahead of time and this bowl is assembled in less than 5 minutes!
- Packable lunch. You can throw this together and take to the office or somewhere with a microwave easily.
How to make this vegan baked falafel bowl?
- Start by making the falafel. This pinto bean baked falafel recipe is quite easy and delicious. You’ll need a food processor to make this recipe.
- Next make the turmeric rice.
- While they are both cooking, you can toss together the greens and mix up the tahini dressing.
- Assemble the bowl by placing rice at the bottom of a bowl, then adding falafel patties, mixed greens or other veggies, and topping with the tahini dressing. Serve warm!
- If you plan to pack for meal prep, keep the greens and tahini separate from the bowl so you can heat it before mixing together.
Healthy Vegan Falafel Bowl
- To assemble the bowl, place rice in the bottom of a bowl. Add the falafel patties, mixed greens, and then top the tahini dressing.
Did you try this falafel bowl recipe? I’d love to know what you thought! What vegetables did you use? Let me know in the comments, or leave a rating to help improve our recipes and future posts for you. Thanks for reading!