39 weeks we’re at already. Seems like just yesterday, we found out we were going to be having a baby and here we are, waiting for it to happen any day. We had an appointment on Thursday, and it sounds like she’s dropped even more. Sounds like she doesn’t think it’ll be too much longer, so all the final preparation work is underway. We got some house cleaning done this weekend, for all of you moms out there, I’m sure you know that nesting feeling. Well it was incredibly real for me today, I even scrubbed our door.
My grandpa passed away on Monday, so that was also something we were dealing with all week. His funeral was yesterday, so we said our final goodbyes to him and reminisced on some good memories, as well as all the memories of my dad and grandma. It was quite a whirlwind of a weekend to say the least. At least we had some fun celebrating my sister’s birthday with all the goodies, including some donuts and coffee, our favorite pizza, and Gigi’s Cupcakes.
Now we’re trying not to meal prep too much this week being there’s a good chance we could be spending a couple of days in the hospital. That being said, we still purchased our weekly groceries, but I’ll just be making as we eat this week to prevent wasting leftovers. My easy go-to is this dish – roasted broccoli and chickpeas with quinoa. We found this recipe on Nourished the Blog a couple of years ago, and have since made many different versions of it and modified it to our tastebuds. My husband loves it, and it’s so easy to throw together for lunches at work.
The first time you read the ingredients you’ll probably think that it’s very odd to mix it all together, but YUM is all I have to say. We’ve also been buying the huge bag of broccoli from Costco every week, so this is perfect to make a dent in that. Finding foods that are high in calcium, iron, B vitamins, and potassium isn’t always super easy, but broccoli checks all the boxes!
Spicy Sheet Pan Sriracha Vegan Bowl
Vegan Spring Bowl
Roasted Chickpea Broccoli and Quinoa Vegan Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Seasoned salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut broccoli to florets and place on a baking sheet.
- Coat with olive oil and mix together to distribute olive oil.
- Add chickpeas and mix into broccoli. Sprinkle seasoned salt over the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While broccoli and chickpeas are baking, make quinoa in a small pot. Bring the broth and quinoa to boil and then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 minutes (tilt pot and ensure no liquid remaining before removing from heat).
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl and mix in dressing to evenly distribute in the quinoa. Mix in broccoli and chickpeas to the quinoa and mix to distribute the dressing.
- Spoon into bowls and serve warm. The remaining can be stored in the fridge for 5 days in an air-°tight container.
Let me know what you thought, if you made any changes or had any suggestions! We love this dish, and hope you do as well.
Pingback: Quinoa and Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Sheet Pan Spicy Sriracha Vegan Bowl - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: 10 Favorite Vegan Recipes of Cass Clay Cooking - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Vegan Baked Falafel Bowl - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Sautéed Garlic Tomatoes and Asparagus - Cass Clay Cooking