Weekend breakfast or meal prepped snacks, this baked oatmeal is for you. With blueberry, banana, and chocolate chips, what’s not to love. I’ve been on a bagel binge for breakfast with the little one because they’re fast and filling. You don’t know a healthy appetite until you’re breastfeeding. That’s why this blueberry banana chocolate baked oatmeal is a great meal prep option.
That’s why I decided to make this baked oatmeal. Not only is it great to throw in the fridge and heat up in the microwave, but it is even good cold. I needed something healthier than a bagel for breakfast, and this was it. Although it’s relatively high in sugar, a lot of that comes from the fruit, and it’s also high in fiber.
What you’ll love about blueberry banana chocolate chip baked oatmeal
- It’s vegan friendly. Make it vegan, don’t make it vegan. You can use dairy milk, eggs, and milk chocolate. To make it vegan use chia seeds in place of the eggs, your favorite non-dairy milk, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s great for meal prepping. This baked oatmeal works well to bake on Sunday and eat for breakfast throughout the week. You can cut it into smaller pieces to have with a smoothie, eggs, sautéed veggies, etc.
- A healthier alternative to a Sunday brunch. We all love pancakes or french toast, but this baked oatmeal is a healthier alternative that hits a home run on flavor.
How to make blueberry banana chocolate chip baked oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9″x9″ pan
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Add the melted coconut oil and room temperature milk
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients and mashed banana
- Next mix in the half the sliced banana, half the blueberries, and 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Top with remaining blueberries, banana slices, and chocolate chips
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Serve topped with milk
Blueberry Banana Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cup oats
- 1 cup milk of choice (room temperature)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or 3 eggs)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas, one mashed and one sliced
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9″x9″ baking dish.
- Mix chia seeds and 1 tbsp warm water in a small dish and let sit.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil and milk.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Add mashed banana, 1/2 of the sliced banana, 1/2 of the blueberries, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix well to ensure fruit is well incorporated to the mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Spread the remaining banana slices, chocolate chips, and blueberries over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (the top should just start to turn golden brown).
- Dish up and top with milk, or store in the fridge.
You can try different fruit in this, such as strawberries or raspberries. Let me know what you think in the comments below!