Tomato basil bruschetta screams summer. Who doesn’t love the summer? The warm weather, fresh produce, and not to mention the great tans! My favorite part of summer is all the produce – watermelon, strawberries, and can’t forget the excess of tomatoes. There are so many types and so readily available in the summer. We ended up with a big box of fresh tomatoes and I don’t believe in waste, so we’ve been scrambling to find great uses for these delicious fresh tomatoes.
I started with caprese pasta, several Indian dishes, and then remembered bruschetta is a great tomato rich dish. On the plus side, I had everything at home needed to make this tomato basil bruschetta dish. It’s comprised of tomato, basil, and some seasoning. It’s delicious, easy to put together, and can stay good in the fridge for a few days. I am really excited to share with you this delicious tomato basil recipe being we devour the heck out of it when I make it. The recipe is adapted from simply recipes blog.
What you’ll love about this bruschetta?
- It’s vegan. Just make sure your baguette or whatever bread you serve it with is vegan as well. 🙂
- No cooking required. This is a make cold serve cold dish. No need to heat the house up on those hot summer days. Just whip a batch of this up and chop up a baguette and you’re set.
- It’s delicious. What’s not to love?
How to make tomato basil bruschetta?
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- Chop basil into small pieces.
- Mix together in a bowl with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour to allow the flavors to equilibrate.
- Serve bruschetta with baguette bread, ciabatta, crackers, or whatever you like!
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 baguettes, sliced
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour for flavor to equilibrate
- Bake baguette in the oven according to package instructions (or 375F for 10 minutes)
- Put a spoonful on a slice of bread and enjoy!