I have been on an oatmilk kick lately, and really love it in tea and coffee. My particular favorite has been making lattes with oatmilk because it’s so thick and creamy. When I first saw the Starbucks plant based drink announcement I was excited try, until I saw how much caffeine is in one drink. I decided rather than get hooked on something that is well over the amount of caffeine than a tea latte that I’d make my own at home using half decaf. This copycat Starbuck iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso is a delicious and lightly sweetened, plant-based drink for spring.
This drink is so delicious and it’s not a sugar bomb like a lot of their drinks are. Making this at home is surprisingly easy. I don’t have an espresso maker so I use instant coffee at home. What I enjoy about this is that it’s delicious without all the caffeine and sugar. I also love the oatmilk so it’s just the perfect combination.
What you’ll love about this copycat Starbucks iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso?
- It doesn’t require any special equipment. No immersion blender, no espresso machine, nothing. Just a simple cup with a lid and the ingredients.
- It’s plant-based. Skip the animal milks and creams, this is free of that.
- A delicious drink. This drink is amazing and can be sweetened as much or as little as you like.
- Customize it to your own comfort. It’s harder to know what a barista is going to call a splash or extra, where you control your own destiny at home.
How to make this copycat Starbucks iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso?
- Dissolve the instant coffee in water. Add the brown sugar and if you choose to use vanilla or cinnamon. Add ice an a lid.
- Cover the glass and shake. You’ll need to shake vigorously until you dissolve the sugar.
- Pour oatmilk over the top and enjoy!
Copycat Starbucks Oatmilk Honey Latte
Vegan Iced Vanilla Latte with Black Tea
Copycat Starbucks Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
Brown Sugar Syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar syrup
- ½ cup oatmilk or more to taste
- ice fill your cup generously
- cinnamon (optional) for dusting
- ¼ vanilla optional
Make the Brown Sugar Syrup
- Combine brown sugar and water in a pan. Heat over medium heat until the sugar crystals dissolve.
Make the drink
- Add the instant coffee powder to the water. Stir to combine.
- Pour the brown sugar syrup in the cup. Add ice, cover the top and shake to combine.
- Add as much oat milk over the top and enjoy!
Did you try this out? I’d love to know what you thought of the drink. Leave me a comment or a star rating to help me keep improving this recipe. As always, I appreciate you reading and hope you will come back for more.
Great copycat recipe and with instant coffee, anyone can do it.