Everyone has had those days where you need to whip up dinner in a matter of minutes. I know we have them in our house, more often than one would hope for. Thankfully we have recipes like this easy vegan buffalo chickpea salad sandwich to make life easier! Seriously love these because they’re something that can be thrown together in a matter of 5-10 minutes, and an added bonus is our baby likes them.
These sandwiches are great because they’re easy and typically we have everything at home to throw them together. Up until recently, I dealt with an avocado intolerance, where I couldn’t digest them, but luckily this is the first dish I haven’t experienced issues with. You can actually swap the guacamole for avocado if you don’t have guac on hand, just add some extra garlic, salt, dash of onion powder, and a dash of lemon juice.
What you’ll love about these vegan buffalo chickpea salad sandwiches?
- They’re easy to make. Seriously, a little kid could probably throw these together with supervision.
- Quick, for those busy nights when you don’t have an hour to cook dinner.
- Vegan, know you can serve these to everyone. They’re plant based deliciousness.
- Gluten-free, I say that as they’re pictured on bread. But you can eat this in salad form, on a tortilla, or even your favorite gluten-free bread or bun!
- Keeps in the fridge. Make a batch and eat it for 3-4 days. I like to keep a little on hand as a quick meal for those busy afternoons.
How to make this buffalo chickpea salad sandwich filling?
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl. Mash slightly with a fork or potato masher. A food processor works as well.
- Add the spices to the bowl and mix them in.
- Stir the guacamole in. You can continue to pulse some in the food processor, but you don’t want to turn it into a paste.
- Serve it on toasted bread, tortilla, or on a bun.
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- ¼-⅓ cup guacamole
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the chickpeas slightly with a fork so they stick together.
- Mix the spices into the mashed chickpeas.
- Stir the guacamole in. Add more if you want creamier sandwich filling.
- Serve on toasted bread or on a bun.
Thank you for stopping! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do in our house. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.