With all that’s been happening in the world, any way to boost immunity is important now more than ever. Luckily having my husband be of Indian heritage means I get the advantage of learning about all the authentic Indian goodness, from vegetable dishes, bean and chickpea dishes, lentil ‘stews’, and the best part are the drinks. Authentic chai is delicious, and this noncaffeinated vegan Indian golden milk is another winner.
What you’ll love about this vegan Indian golden milk?
- It’s a vegan version of the original drink. This is a drink that goes back generations in India, traditionally made with cow or buffalo milk.
- It’s a great immunity boosting beverage. Turmeric and ginger are both wonderful for the immune system, coming in high on the level of antioxidants they contain. There’s a reason that the traditional Indian diet results in very healthy people.
- Easy to make. In 5 minutes you will have this easy, energy boosting beverage ready.
How to make vegan Indian golden milk?
- In a small saucepan, mix together the plant-based milk, turmeric, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetener.
- Serve in a mug.
Vegan Indian Golden Milk (Haldi Ka Doodh)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- sweetener to taste
- In a small saucepan, mix together milk, turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from burning to the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in sweetener of choice.
- Pour into a mug or glass and enjoy warm.
Did you try this golden milk recipe out? What did you think? I’d love if you left any feedback or questions in the comments below. Thanks for reading.