One thing I have missed since moving to California is making routine smoothies. We just didn’t have a good mix of produce and our apartment is not soundproof so trying to be respectful during odd hours I don’t run the blender. Thankfully the last week I’ve been remembering smoothies during times of day where it’s acceptable (in my opinion) to run the loud blender. And this smoothie is by far one of the best I’ve made in my life. I don’t know why I’ve never thought to put the combination of orange and mango together before, but I’m so glad I did. This vegan orange mango green smoothie is packed with fruits and veggies so it’s great for kids, and is completely free of any added or refined sugar, gluten-free, and whole-foods plant-based.
If you ask me what defines a great smoothie, it’s a balance of great flavor, good mix of nutrients, and something my kid will eat. This one hit the bar on all three! The ingredients are banana, orange, mango, spinach, carrots, and coconut water. Simple and so yummy! You get a lot of antioxidants and immunity-boosting properties from the orange and spinach, that vitamin A from carrots, and potassium from bananas. You can up the fiber in this smoothie by adding a spoonful of psyllium husks, but be careful not to add too much or it’ll get thick.
What you’ll love about this vegan orange mango green smoothie?
- It’s a great way to sneak in a serving or two of veggies. That is one thing most of us don’t get enough of, so what better way than to throw them in a delicious drink!
- Good mix of fruits and veggies. It’s important to get a well-rounded mix of fruit and veggies to help your gut-health, and here in this drink you get 5 (6 if you count coconut water).
- Kid-approved. My toddler is one of the pickiest kids and she LOVES this. With that said, it gets 5 stars in my house.
- Easy and quick to make. This comes together in 5 minutes or less, so it’s the perfect healthy snack!
How to make this delicious green smoothie?
- Cut half a mango and place the chunks in the blender. This works best by slicing lines down both sides like a checkerboard, folding it out and cutting the pieces off. Lots of how-to videos on youtube!
- Add the banana and peeled orange to the blender, next the carrots and spinach, then top with the coconut water.
- Blend for about 60 seconds, or the time it takes to get it all blended up. Make sure the consistency is to your liking, if it’s too thick add more coconut water. If it’s runny, you can thicken it with more spinach, banana, or ice.
Fresh Vegan Green Smoothie
- ½ banana ripe
- 1 orange peeled
- ½ mango
- 8-10 baby carrots
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water chilled
- Cut the mango and peel the orange.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. High power blenders like this work best to get all the ingredients blended finely. If it appears to be too thick, add additional coconut water. The size of the fruit will impact how thick the smoothie is.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! You can also add a couple of cubes of ice or use a frozen banana to make this colder, but we find it easiest to drink when it is just slightly chilled.
Did you make this smoothie? What did you think? I’d love to hear if you made any modifications in the comments below, or if you can leave a star rating in the recipe card above! It helps me make improvements to existing or new recipes and it’s always great to get feedback. Thanks so much for reading!