When I was in college, I experimented with different nut butters. My favorite was definitely cashew butter, but it’s SO expensive. You can almost get 3 jars of peanut butter for the price of it. That said, with a kid that loves peanut butter as much as mamma, we generally opt for peanut butter in our house. But once in awhile there’s definitely something special about other nut butters. Luckily I finally figured out how to make this in our Vitamix at home. It could be done in the food processor as well, but in our current living situation that is packed still so the Vitamix worked perfect.
One thing I will say is that this did put some stress on my Vitamix. I don’t like to make huge batches so it is usually a challenge to get it moving in the blender, wherein the food processor it works better. But if you use more than a cup it is definitely easier in the blender too. Either way, it comes out just right, not too thick not too thin. We like chunky peanut butter, but with a little mouth still learning to chew, we need to avoid so many nuts, so just slightly crunchy is the perfect compromise. One thing I love about this is that it only requires one ingredient. I use Costco’s Kirkland cashews (shown above). They are so affordable and can be used in many ways for vegan baking and cooking (think nut milk/cream, vegan parmesan, etc.) and also for your homemade nut butters!
What you’ll love about this homemade cashew butter?
- It’s super easy to make. Blend it up in the blender or process it in the food processor.
- You only need one ingredient. Seriously, this is awesome! How many recipes call for just one ingredient?
- Healthier than store-bought. Have you ever looked at the label of the average nut butter. Skippy, Jif, Peter Pan, they all have a ton of extra ingredients added. You wonder why they stay mixed up and natural nut butters have oil at the top? They add ingredients such as emulsifiers to keep them mixed. Many of these also have added sugar and other preservatives.
How to make this one ingredient cashew butter?
- Place the nuts in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse or blend to break up the nuts into small chunks.
- Continue to blend or process until it starts to form a butter. This will take some time, and you’ll need to stop it a few times and scrape down the sides.
- Once it’s reached a desired consistency, stop blending and scoop into an airtight container. Enjoy however you normally use your favorite nut butters (I use it in oatmeal, on toast, in smoothies, or other baking recipes that call for peanut butter!).
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
One Ingredient Easy Homemade Cashew Butter
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashews Get these at Costco to save some $$
- In a high power blender or food processor, add the cashews.
- Start blending on low speed allowing the cashews to break down. As they start to get smaller and smaller particle size, you may need to stop and use a spatula to get it moving. It will get to the point where it should go on its own.
- Continue to blend or process until the texture is to your liking. The less time, the chunkier it is.
- You can also make thicker chunky butter by processing till smooth then folding in chopped cashews at the end. We prefer more the fine crunch since we still have a toddler eating this with us.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to know what you thought of your homemade cashew butter in the comments below. Feel free to leave a star rating to help me improve my recipes. Thanks again for reading!
Pingback: best dumpz
Pingback: Find Out More
Pingback: cvv number credit card
Pingback: white leaf
Pingback: Get More Information
Pingback: số đề con rùa
Pingback: elang qq
Pingback: toto hk
Pingback: dumps with pin legit
Pingback: starting an online boutique
Pingback: cvv dumps with pin
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy phật bà quan âm
Pingback: mơ thấy đi chợ
Pingback: mơ thấy đá bóng đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ thấy giày dép đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ thấy nhẫn vàng đánh con gì
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy mình thắp hương
Pingback: sa game
Pingback: cod warzone cheats pc free
Pingback: nằm mơ thấy cháy rừng
Pingback: mơ thấy ăn ổi
Pingback: mơ thấy chìa khóa
Pingback: mơ cãi nhau đánh con gì
Pingback: mơ thấy con sâu
Pingback: mơ thấy chim bồ câu đánh con gì
Super excited to see how simple it is to make cashew butter. I just assumed it couldn’t be that easy, but it is!
I love this! I didn’t realize you could make nut butter in your food processor or blender, but what a great way to control the ingredients. Plus I like my nut butter a bit chunky, so it’s just the perfect texture!
Fabulous and easy recipe!
This was so good on hot toasted bread! Plus another great use for my food processor.
whoah this blog is fantastic i like reading your articles. this recipe was easy and i made something that we usually buy at the store. it was a fun project
This was SO easy! Never made any type of nut butter at home, but with a food processor, I didn’t realize how simple it was.
I love cashew butter but rarely buy it because it is so expensive. Thank you for this easy recipe.
Made this in my food processor and kept it going for a long time. It turned into the most creamy delicious cashew butter, i’m a little in shock that it was made at home without a bunch of additives.