I’ve been crazy for pomegranate the last few weeks, and looking for ways to use up the abundance of them I bought at Costco. This vegetarian pomegranate holiday salad is a perfect blend of sweet, salty, savory, and crunchy. I’ve been wanting to try a salad with pomegranate for awhile, and I’m sure glad I did. You won’t be disappointed with this one.
I wasn’t expecting a salad like this to be as filling as it was, but I was not let down. Surprisingly, this kept me full all afternoon. If you need a bit more substance to your salad, feel free to throw something like rotisserie chicken on it, but as we are vegetarian in our house, we try to avoid that.
This salad would really be great year round, as the flavor also reminds me of summer, but it’s really also a Christmasy flavor. Must just be the pomegranate. Tasting salads like this really makes me shocked that growing up I wouldn’t hardly touch a vegetable because these are SO tasty. It’s too bad more of these weren’t a trendy food back in the day because it may have meant many of us had healthier childhoods.
What you’ll love about this vegetarian pomegranate holiday salad?
- It’s vegetarian and vegan friendly. Feel free to omit the feta, use a vegan feta or no cheese.
- It contains pomegranate. What’s not to love about that?
- Its vegetable packed. Get your servings of fruit and vegetables in a tasty bowl.
How to make this salad?
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Wash and chop up the kale and romaine. Place in a large bowl. I like these because they have lids for any leftovers.
- Cut the pomegranate open and remove arils. Sprinkle over the chopped greens.
- Next sprinkle the feta and chopped pecans on top. Mix it all together.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with balsamic dressing.
If you are looking for another great fruity salad, check out this balsamic berry arugula salad recipe.
Vegetarian Pomegranate Holiday Salad
- 1 whole pomegranate arils
- ½ bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup feta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Wash and chop kale and romaine leaves.
- Cut open pomegranate and remove seeds.
- Mix chopped kale and romaine together in a bowl. Sprinkle pomegranate arils over top.
- Next sprinkle the feta and pecans over top. Mix well and divide into bowls.
- Top with balsamic dressing to taste.
Let me know what you thought of this salad in the comments below.
Pingback: Vegan Friendly Valentine's Day Easy Chocolate Dipped Berries - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Valentine's Day Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Trifle - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Low Carb Side Dish Ideas - Lighter Kitchen
Love how simple this salad is to put together. Such wonderful flavors from the pomegranate and the feta cheese. Perfect as a light and yet satisfying meal.
Thank you so much for the review! 🙂 I’m so glad you enjoyed.
If you are looking for additional salads, you may also like the balsamic berry arugula salad with feta.
Cheers – Cassie
Pingback: Bring a salad? 40 salad recipes perfect for christmas – She seeks
Pingback: Vegan Dishes You’re Going to Want This Mother’s Day – Crunchy Health Blog
Pingback: 60+ Vegetarian Green Salad Recipes - Drugstore Divas