Guacamole is such a delicious and healthy snack. Before I got pregnant, I enjoyed it all too often, but as my pregnancy progressed, something was just not right when I would eat avocado. So I had to stop for quite awhile. Luckily, I can eat it again, in moderation. So I wanted to share this best 5 ingredient guacamole recipe in honor of Cinco de Mayo! What better time to enjoy some of the best guacamole you’ll ever eat?
This guacamole seriously is the best I’ve ever had. We used to buy pre-made stuff at the store to save time and since it was easier to throw in the freezer, but this fresh stuff has ruined it for me. The trick is using two bowls when you prepare it. You need one for the avocado and one for the aroma ingredients. Once you mix together everything but the avocado in a separate bowl, it gets folded into the mashed avocado with a spatula so you don’t smush up the cilantro and onion too much. It is the key to the fresh flavor!
What you’ll love about the best 5 ingredient guacamole recipe?
- It’s easy! Since it’s only 5 ingredients it doesn’t take much prep.
- Vegan. The ingredients in this are all fresh plant-based ingredients so it’s vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
- So delicious. Seriously this is going to become your go-to guacamole recipe. It’s delicious. 🙂 Don’t take my word, try it yourself!
How to make the best 5 ingredient guacamole?
- In a mixing bowl, mash up the avocado. You’ll want to leave a little bit of chunkiness for texture, unless you prefer super smooth avocado. I find if the avocado are ripe enough that mashing with a whisk works great!
- In a separate bowl, combine jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and onion. Stir in the salt and mix well.
- Fold the mixture of jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and onion into the bowl with the mashed avocado with a rubber spatula. Mix it in well but take care not to mash it up too much.
- Enjoy fresh! If you need to store leftovers, cover with plastic wrap by pressing it down to the guacamole to reduce air in the bowl. Place in the fridge overnight. This will not keep more than about 12-16 hours so eat it fresh if possible!
Best Guacamole 5 Ingredient
- 2 avocado, ripe
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ⅓ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- juice of half a lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
Did you try this guacamole recipe? I’d love to know what you thought of it in the comments below? Also did you try any add ins? What did you use? Thanks for reading!