Breakfast doesn’t have to be a full prepared meal with multiple dishes and fancy skillet cooked foods. Something simple like chia pudding, overnight oats, or even a fruit and veggie smoothie make for a great nutritious breakfast. This post is on my favorite chia pudding, vegan strawberry coconut chia pudding. A great thing about this recipe is it’s great for rushed mornings because it is prepared the night before. One culprit of rushed mornings is my husband. Food like this is great because he can grab it and take it with him to work or eat it as he’s getting ready.
Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. It always has been, and I’m a sucker for sweet treats, such as a good muffin. What I love about this stuff is that it is satisfying yet only naturally sweetened. Chia seeds are packed with fiber and healthy fats. Chia seeds are extremely filling and swell so much that a serving of chia will end up being 3-4x the size. If you’ve never seen it or eaten it before, you’ll be surprised!
What you’ll love about this lazy vegan strawberry coconut chia pudding?
- It’s a great quick breakfast on the go. Put it in a bowl and it can be taken with you on the go to eat in the car, office, or after a morning trip to the gym.
- Make ahead breakfast or snack. These are great because you can make them the night before so if you’re a last minute morning person, you may love these! Prep the night before and you get a quick breakfast on the go with NO prep time the morning of.
- Vegan and gluten-free. Chia pudding is great because not only is it vegan, but also gluten-free. This is made with coconut milk, strawberry, chia seeds, and a splash of vanilla extract. The toppings can be anything from coconut, nuts, hemp hearts, fresh fruit, or whatever else you may want!
- Refined-sugar and added-sugar-free. Sugar is such a contributor to modern health problems, and this recipe skips it all. Inflammation is triggered by certain things in the diet, including sugar. Finding great tasting food that is free of all the added sugar, you’ll love chia pudding.
How to make vegan strawberry coconut chia pudding?
- In a blender, combine a 15 oz can of coconut milk, 1 cup of frozen strawberries, and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Blend until it’s a smooth.
- Place 2 tbsp of chia seeds in the bottom of a container (this recipe makes 3 servings). Divide the blended milk into three containers and stir together.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight works great).
- Top with fresh fruit or any other toppings you’d like, and enjoy cold.
Lazy Vegan Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1 can coconut milk 15 oz
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruit
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp coconut
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave
- In a blender, combine the cocout milk, strawberries, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Measure 2 tbsp of chia seeds into a container. Repeat until you have 3 containers.
- Divide the blended coconut milk over the three containers. Stir them to ensure all chia seeds get covered.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or until saturated).
- Remove from fridge, add any desired toppings, and enjoy!
Did you give this chia pudding a try? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or feel free to leave a star rating! It helps me learn and improve recipes for you guys. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed.