All of this Holiday food has got us in a bit of a rut, so before the big snowstorm hit, I figured we needed to get some groceries. My meal prep for the week includes several salads and smoothie ingredients. I have been on a baking binge, but that is stopping for a few weeks. So in place of desserts, we’re going to be enjoying some smoothie bowls! This recipe shows you how to make a mixed berry smoothie bowl.
These smoothie bowls are quite simple, vegan, and taste delicious. Not only that, but you get 2-3 servings of fruit. If you struggle to get your servings in every day, a snack like this has you covered. All you need is a blender, banana, frozen mixed berries (your choice of strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, etc.), coconut water, and toppings. It’s really quite simple and will leave you feeling satisfied.
What you’ll love about these mixed berry smoothie bowls?
- No added sugar. Need I say more?
- Vegan. You don’t need to adapt this recipe or get substitutions. It’s vegan as it is.
- Simple three ingredient smoothie. Banana, berries, and coconut water is all you need.
- Don’t get bored with your toppings. Mix it up and use different toppings every time. My go-to toppings are unsweetened coconut, chia, fresh berries, nuts, cocoa powder, and sliced banana. But you can make it more of a dessert with mini chocolate chips, or peanut butter.
How to make a smoothie bowl?
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender. A high performance blender will work best, but any blender should work.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour or spoon into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- ¼ cup fresh berries
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- Place smoothie ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl. Sprinkle toppings over the stop and enjoy.
If you tried this and want to have a drinkable smoothie, check out this tropical Hawaiian smoothie. Let me know what you thought of this dish in the comments below.