If you haven’t heard yet, Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice is back! Not only can you enjoy your favorite PSL, but the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is to die for (I’ve got a recipe recreation coming soon!) After being #basic and enjoying a few of these already in the last week, I’ve been inspired to make all things pumpkin. We won’t really see a fall this year, so I’m going to take in the season through all things food. Pumpkin and apple are two of my favorite ways to enjoy fall and this simple vegan pumpkin pie oatmeal is an easy yet delicious way to start the day!
Call me ridiculous, but when the cool seasons come around, I’m a happy camper. One of the things I’ll miss greatly about moving away from the Midwest is the seasons. Not that I’m a huge fan of 6 months of winter, but the changing colors and feeling in the air is something that I always enjoyed. Pumpkin is one of those things that takes me back to childhood of going to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, and the fall hayrides. All the feels happen when I sit down in the morning to enjoy this simple vegan pumpkin pie oatmeal. Also as a bonus, my daughter likes it too!
What you’ll love about this simple vegan pumpkin pie oatmeal?
- It’s SO easy. You can make it in just about 5 minutes using the microwave method. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, microwave for 3 minutes, and voila!
- Fiber, sneaky, sneaky. Between the oatmeal and the pumpkin, this breakfast is a great source of fiber to start your day off right! Bonus, fiber helps keep ya regular. 😛
- Kid approved. Not too many foods pass my toddler’s taste test now days, but she gobbled this one up! Normally her oatmeal goes half to her and half to the dog, but she doesn’t share this.
How to make this vegan pumpkin pie oatmeal?
- Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl (be careful to use one large enough or it’ll boil over, I’m talking about 4x the size of how much you put in the bowl).
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Let it cool and enjoy!
- If you want to use the stovetop method, mix all ingredients together in a small pot on the stove. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to heat until it’s at the desired consistency.
- Add additional milk at the end to get it to your desired consistency, and top with cinnamon, chopped pecans, or walnuts. Enjoy!
Healthy Vegan Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Vegan Sweet Potato Muffins
Vegan Mashed Sweet Potato Bowl
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice can sub cinnamon
- pinch salt
- To make in the microwave, mix all the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl. Be sure to use one large enough so it won't boil over. About 4x the size of what you put in the bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until they are at the desired consistency. Give them a taste to make sure they are cooked all the way through. You can also use rolled oats or quick cooking oats in the recipe, but you'll need to reduce the cook time.
- Allow them to cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
Did you try this breakfast out? I’d love to know what you thought of it in the comments below, or even better, by leaving a star review above! This helps me keep improving content for all of you! Thanks again for reading and enjoy all your flavors of fall. 🙂
Pingback: RECIPES FOR AUTUMN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! | The Salty Pot |
Pingback: Easy 5-Minute Microwave Vegan Apple Pie Oatmeal (with Stovetop Version) - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: Lazy Vegan Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: 12 Healthy and Delicious Fall Recipes - Cass Clay Cooking
Pingback: pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe microwave – Microwave Recipes